No one should be shut out of education. This week, Labour announced the latest part of our vision for a National Education Service that would enable adults to return to study for free and ensure everyone has the time and support they need to retrain. The plan will:
• Enable any adult without A-level or equivalent qualification to attend college and study for them for free;
• Give every adult a free entitlement to six years of study for qualifications;
• Provide maintenance grants for low income adult learners to complete their courses;
• Give workers the right to paid time off for education and training;
• Give employers a role in designing qualifications to make sure training is equipping learners with the right skills;
• Support workplace learning and improve basic skills by reversing cuts to the Union Learning Fund;
• Make sure everyone has access to the information they need to return to study through a national careers advice service.